Wednesday 18 April 2012

Assignment 2: Re-shoot, Part III

Per the comment I got from my tutor on assignment 2, if the flow of liquid can be made into a straight line, it would compliment the diagonal and make a stronger triangle. So, let's try and see. 

This is the original image submitted.



The fluid is not in a straight line because the flow was slow. One can speed up the flow and make the flow faster, and straighter.

However, there is only limited volume of liquid the glass can hold. By having the liquid comes out of the glass faster means the time to shoot will be less. From the image above, the inclination of the glass is larger. As a result, the diagonal element of the shot is weakening.

It is possible to maintain the inclination and the speed of flow at the same time, with some effort.

Here are further trial-and-error:

 












  I think this is roughly what I am after. However, I notice that the background is not as uniform as I hope. I think I shoot too close to the edge of the soft box. It was not as noticeable on the set than on screen.




























 So Instead, I prefer this image. The background is cleaner, the flow is straight and it reveal more on the stem of the glass.



No comments:

Post a Comment