Monday 23 April 2012

Assignment 3: Comment from the Tutor

I heard back from my tutor, Matthew last Friday about this assignment. He told me that he was on vacation earlier and just saw my email.


The wording is not that explicit, but I keep wondering if my assignment got rejected. I don't have time to summarize, so I will post his comment and highlight the words that I think is important.


"I would like you to continue to develop your ideas along the narrative line that you have taken and also to remember to consider colour in as many contexts as possible. This may allow you to consider colour not only as you see it but also as symbol. I would like you to do some research into this and also the cultural aspects of colour. This could have an impact upon your work. Take time to consider what you are attempting to communicate in your images and use this time to develop the project in greater depth."


The official due date of this assignment is not until June, so I was finishing it at very high speed. I am happy to consider Matthew's comment, but I don't particularly want to redo this assignment. First of all, I absolutely run out of idea of what to shoot on this topic. Secondly, I have Swiss Cottage's match tomorrow, Arsenal ladies Thursday and Sunday, with some exhibitions I want to see and a pile of books I want to read before starting assignment 4 (and can't wait). I just feel so much pressure to get all of them done and now I get something more.


I guess there is no point of worrying at this stage. I will try to slow down on the exercise on section 4 and try to work along the suggestion he gave and see if I can come up with something new. In summary, it is basically:


1) Take time to consider what you are attempting to communicate in your images, and continue to develop your ideas along the narrative line


2) Do some research into colour as a symbol and also the cultural aspects of colour. 


3) Consider colour in as many contexts as possible.


Item 2 should be relatively straight forward, given the resources available on internet. Item 1 is possible even with the existing set of images. I need to sit down and write a better essay to link the images together. I might potentially have to reshoot the images to make them more integrable. Item 3 is sort of weird on its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment