Thursday 29 September 2011

Exercise 6: Fitting the Frame to the Subject

I found this branch as I walked along the Thames one day. I am not sure why, but it looks totally fascinating to me. It is so strange. The branch in my living room is zillion times nicer. But when I saw this on my walk, I stopped.


When I first saw it, this is the image I have in mind.

Image 1: 48mm f/5 ISO 400 at 1/60s

The second image requires the object to fit tight to the frame. I thought it will be a good idea to change angle as well. 
 Image 2: 36mm f/5 ISO 400 at 1/60s


The third image requires me to get close. This is what I see:
 Image 3: 52mm f/5 ISO 400 at 1/60s



The last image is too zoom out. I still prefer my original perspective, but let's try zoom out and vertical this time.
Image 4: 28mm f/5 ISO 400 at 1/60s

The last part of the exercise requires me to crop image 4 and see if I come up with something new. I try several crop, but at the end I like image 1 the best. Given that the branch is the centre of the subject, I like it to occupy bigger space and still sitting in the centre of the image. Or else changing it to portrait orientation is quite nice too.

Image 5 (crop from image 4): 28mm f/5 ISO 400 at 1/60s


No comments:

Post a Comment