Thursday 9 February 2012

Comment: Hue What?

Before I start any exercise on the section 3, I want to take quick look of the vocabulary first. The description in the class note makes me feel more confused, so I wonder around looking for other explanations.


I find this page with examples:
http://www.colorcube.com/articles/theory/theory.htm
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205964

So from what I understand, 


different Hue = different colour
High Chroma = Purer the colour with no mix of black and white; No Chroma = grey scale
High Value = Brighter the colour, the highest value will make everything white


In the colour cube, there are three axis. They can be span by Hue/Chroma/Brightness, or  Hue/Saturation/Value. So I should look at Saturation the same as Chroma. 


In the discussion that there are people dispute about Chroma and Saturation, but I think three axis should be enough to span the colour space and create most of the colour. Therefore, other naming will contain some sort of duplication in definition. I think there are just too many dials in photo editor these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment