Monday 1 August 2011

Before We Start...

Today I signed up for the online course from Open College of Arts (OCA). The first course is called Art of Photography. This is a test post. I just want to run a test post and see if it is possible for me to post a learning log with image on this site.

I hesistated for a long time on whether I should sign up or not. I don't think I have any life after my day job and training. Let along finding time to do the assignment on this course.

But then...

I don't think it is possible to improve on my photography skill, in fact, any skill, unless I practice it. If I don't bother to polish it, there is no point to own any proper photography equipment more than a smart phone. I am not sure how much and if photography is important to me, but I remember that moment, there is something I want to say, and I am sure if I had captured that shot and show you, you will understand.

I missed that shot. So when I spoke of the girl from Pink Jukebox, people think that I am crazy.

So let it be it.

I still want to know if I am capable to express what I think in the photographs I take.

On top of it if I can survive in work, training and some additional course work. If I am setting myself up to hell, let me run there at full speed.
Anyway, let's try to load a test image as well. What is photography? What are we trying to capture and why? What is a good picture and why is it so good? If equipment solves all my trouble, then D3s, or even MF are damn cheap these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment