Saturday 28 July 2012

Exercise 40 Concentrating Light

In this exercise, I will roll a tube using a think black paper and put it in front of the flash to concentrate the light source. 


This item is call a snoot, and it cost a bloody £45 in the Flash centre. The idea of rolling a think black paper and put it in front of the flash head is so appealing, since it cost less than £2 to get a big piece of black paper. If it is so easy, why the Flash centre is asking 20 times over for something that basically serves the same purpose?



The risk of fire spooks me out. Yes, there is home insurance, but the idea of the house burns down and I have to save again for deposit scares me. 


I think I start running out of interesting thing to photograph.



I think a snoop will be a good tool to create a slightly underexposed screen and use the concentrated beam to highlight the sentimental object. It works for flat object. But less well for 3D object, because light only illuminate a very small chunk of the object. Not sure how I can make use of it in assignment 4 yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment