Thursday 31 May 2012

Assignment 3 Re: The Churches in the City

Although personally I consider this as unfinished work, I really glad that I can send off the my tutor. There are several reasons why I am sending it off. First of all, the deadline is this Saturday. I think someone in the forum once made a comment saying that we should respect deadline, because in read world, we cannot always ask our client to extend the deadline. I think it is a fair point. At the end, we always have things we want to explore further. A deadline works well here because it forces me to gather whatever is the best I have on hand and make a decision on how I can put limited amount of resources (or result) together.


Secondly, while I find this project very interesting, I don't think the correlation with colour is that strong. For purely satisfying the requirement of the assignment, I think the submission I made on March 15th is better. I do want to continue to work on it as a personal project, but I think there is limited purpose for it to live in OCA space. In fact, when I put the presentation together, I think it will be less bulky if I don't put all the images on it.


I put the presentation here. To view it with Adobe reader, you have to go to view -> Page display -> Two up


https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9vxityaDZ2WVmpIbm1ibjhieFE


Colour wise, it is not as a successful piece. By that, I mean colour is not the main attraction on these series of images. I have trouble deploying Johanne Itten's theory, as it is still not as intuitive to me yet. It could be personally I cannot feel what colour appeal to other people. Since some of these combinations do not appeal to me, I just cannot understand why this combination means this, so I am almost like blind trying to visualize something someone else tells me. 


Hopefully this is just temporary, because in design and advertising, it is very important that I am fluent in this language.







No comments:

Post a Comment