Monday 14 May 2012

Exercise 33 Variety with a Low Sun



It is hard to find opportunity to photograph lighting using the sun when we have three weeks of rainy days. Personally I feel very tired as well. I have at least 500 images that I have not yet reviewed. On top of it I am still reading the material suggested by my tutor on assignment 3. Re-doing the whole assignment in that direction is actually very difficult.  I have some ideas, but I am not getting the type of shots I have in mind yet. 


Three weeks before the deadline. Oh well...


Anyway, in this exercise, I will take four photographs with the sun at different angles.


1) The Sun is behind the camera, striking the subject fully.
2) Side lighting
3) Back lighting
4) Edge lighting


The first image is taken about an hour before the sunset. The bridge and the cloud are actually the main subject. The colour is so vivid. It seems that to have a colour appear to be more saturated, first of all the colourant has to be saturated, but then strong and direct lighting helps bring out the effect. I wonder if it is because a shade will appear and show the colour in different scale if one light the subject from the side. As a result, the area of which the subject's colour appear to be most saturated is less.





This is the image with the tree illuminated by side lighting. The shadow is long and visible.


The very characteristic picture of back light consists of a silhouette.





This is the edge lighting I have in mind. I think it is possible to pick a smaller subject so that the whole subject will have a glow on the edge.









No comments:

Post a Comment