Sunday 28 October 2012

Exercise 42: A Narrative Picture Essay

In this exercise, I have to use between 5 to 15 photographs with short caption to form a narrative picture essay. 

I want to expand on the exercise on "Evidence of Action". I posted that drug/suicide shoot on OCA and get some feedback, and I want to use the reshoot as part of this series. 

To be very honest, I find it exercise very hard. Very often I have some images in my head (call it pre-visualization?), but I cannot re-construction the same atmosphere no matter what I do. I believe it is because I have in mind the subject matter, but I am not very clear about the background (surroundings). I wonder what is the good way to improve on this.

Anyway, here is the story. I only use five images because it is too exhausting to shoot more.

***
I was looking at those old photographs of us when we were still together. I wonder how long has it been. There is not a day passed that I didn't think of you.


I played those old voice message you left me again and again... I want to hear your voice. I can call you on the phone now, but I afraid you never want to hear from me again.



I don't know. I just don't want to think about it anymore. The past will never disappear and you will never be mine again. So what is the point? 



I can't sleep at night. I have that same dream over and over again.



From time to time I feel as if I don't exist in this world anymore. Then I saw those blood dripping down my wrist. It reminds me that I am still here. It feels so good. Maybe, finally my body marks what I feel inside all these time...





2 comments:

  1. I think this conveys dramatic tension well. Have you thought of expanding on it for the actual assignment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathrine, you are a genius. In fact, this is a practice/test shot for the assignment. I am still planning for it. To be honest, my creativity and imagination is at all time low at the moment :P

      Delete