Friday 19 October 2012

Exercise 45: Juxaposition

This is the shot of the exercise “juxtaposition”. The title is “study”.



I have trouble in arranging this screen because the colours are mainly white. I am not sure what element leads the eyes, but in my mind I want to have the pen, glasses, and the book cover to stand out. I wanted to include a calculator, but it is too little space. There is also so tossed paper, which is a common sight when you work on a Physics problem… However, I find it very difficult to make a clean line with so many items.

I change the lighting so that it more toward the red side. I want a warmer tone on the screen overall.

Idea wise, I came across a BBC 4 radio programs titled “Too Many Books” (www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01351q2). It takes about people collecting books, and find it very difficult to get rid of them. One of the interviewee said, it is like losing a friend.

Currently, my bookshelf is completely packed and have a pile of book that I need to read for this course. I made an effort to donate the books I don’t really enjoy or unlike to ever use again to the charity shop. However, there are many books I find it very hard to get rid of. One of the book, is Jackson’s “Classical Electrodynamics”. I bought that book in my last year of undergraduate study, contemplating I will take an Electrodynamics course in the following year in graduate school. It never happens, as I take course on quantum physics and group theory instead. I don’t think I have the capacity to do Physics in the future, if ever. This book becomes a memento to remind me of my past.

So, what do you need to study Physics? A good Physics text book, a lot of paper, pen/pencil, glasses, good light and a lot stamina (talent is desired but is not necessary).  

No comments:

Post a Comment