Monday 5 March 2012

Comment: Alejandro Chaskielberg's works on Oxfam

I was looking at the online gallery from Alejandro Chaskielberg on Africa. The link of his web site can be found here:


The very interesting part of his photographs is he uses moonlight to illuminate the subject, and his subjects contain people. Given the level of illumination at night, his models have to remain still for a long time.

To be honest, I have never thought of night photography involving people. Long exposure at night is quite standard, but asking people for stand still is definitely new. I guess in my experience with photography, I always feel intimidated to ask people to pose for me, let along having them to do something difficult (such as stand still!). As a result, there are certain thing I will never bother to try.

His work is indeed interesting, and it provides something I can reflect on technique wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment