Saturday 10 March 2012

Exercise 25: Primary and Secondary Colours

In this exercise, I have to photograph six screens, preferably not still life, of one of each colours dominate the screen: red, yellow, orange, green, blue and purple.


Red:








Yellow:




This is strange. For both red and yellow, over-exposing the image give me stronger colour. Expose the image according to the meter looks more "correct" based on what I see in reality, but the colour is just less vivid.

Blue







On the blue side, however, over-exposure will blow the sky. If there is something to hold back the sky, personally I do prefer the slight over exposed colour of the gate.


Orange










For orange, the brighter the image, the more wash-out the colour look. For this one, I prefer the image to be under-exposed. I wonder if it because of the fact the paint has low saturation to start with on this image compare to other colours I photographed previously.


Green





For this set, both over-exposed and under-exposed images look weird. 


Violet


Purple is the most difficult colour to find. I don't want to be photographing shirts in a clothing store. In nature, it seems I only see it in flower. There is one construction site that has purple paint on the wooden board. This colour is also quite dark, so I am not sure if I have to complete isolate it in order for it to dominate the screen. For example, for this set, I have a feeling that green is the more dominating colour.













No comments:

Post a Comment