Monday 19 March 2012

Comment: Prepare to Re-shoot Assignment 2

For the next few weeks if not month, I will be reviewing the shots submitted in assignment 2 based on the feedback from my tutor. I just submitted assignment 3. Hopefully, I will get some feedback soon after, so I can review that assignment as well before starting anything in section 4.

I also have to finish reading the "Colour Management" book to finish section 3. It will be a while before I can do much in section 4 anyway...

The list of comment is very long (which is good). I am extracting those that need further work and see what I can do with it. Some of the comment are suggestion on composition, which I can try (very easily) by cropping it in lightroom. Some of them require re-shooting in order to see the effect.

Those with composition issue and I should explore a tighter corp:
1. The Vertical line
2. Single point
3. Rhythm

Those with composition issue because the horizon (table end) are tiled:
1. Two point
2. Some of the other images as well, but I need to check it one by one

Those need to be re-shoot in order to see the effect
1. In the Rhythm2 image" "The stem of the glass is too soft" and "There is just a hint of the colour red below the main area of red, which is distracting"
2. In the Diagonal image, the image will be stronger if the flow of liquid is vertical
3. In the Pattern shot, "the edges of the glasses are inconsistent, sometime there are black edges and white edges on the same glass".
4. The Implied Triangle shot, a lighter background will enliven the picture.

Long list of thing to try. I need to wash the wine glasses and buy some roses for the reshoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment